Blog's Owner

My photo
Starting on the journey of becoming twenty-something. A psychology student who is interested in photography, design, and advertising. Find pleasure in art, food, music, and good books. I like to play badminton and I support Arsenal Football Club. I wish for a world where everyone is free to love.

Freerice

Rice up against hunger

Blog Archive

Friday 6 May 2011

Models I LOVE: Karmen Pedaru

Hey all, I am in the middle of holiday now and life is so good....but I can't stop wondering why ALL of my tuition still run as usual :/ I hate the feeling that made a sound in my head like 'hey Cindy, you're not free today. Remember that you will have a tuition at 3 p.m?', it is kinda disturbing and sometimes make me unable to enjoy my morning. Whatever.

Ahem, so it was yesterday when I watched FTV First Face Countdown and I see this model, Karmen Pedaru. I have been an admirer of her for a quite long time but recently I'm more into Freja Beha and Elisa Sednaoui, and as I've ever written about both of them, I guess it's Karmen's turns this time :-) enjoy!

Name: Karmen Pedaru

Date and Place of Birth: 10 May 1990, Kehra, Estonia

Height: 178 cm

Bust, Waist, Hips: 85, 61, 69 cm

Agency: Ford Models


Actually the first time I saw Karmen is in a candid photograph of Freja as she is befriended with her and many other models like Abbey Lee, Karlie Kloss, Magdalena Frackowiak, Kori Richardson and many more, I think that she is very beautiful and.....athletic. Yeah, I wondered how could her built be so athletic but then found out that she ever became a football goalkeeper in her younger ages. Cool, eh? :-)

In 2005, she is discovered by a model scout at a drama theatre and the next year she is signed with Next model agency, appeared in Teen Vogue editorial in June, debuted in the Christopher Kane, Emporio Armani and Armani show in September.

That's the beginning of her oh so wonderful career, she worked for many big fashion brands like Louis Vuitton, Donna Karan, Lacoste, Marc Jacobs. YSL, Christian Dior, Gucci, Y-3, D&G, Chanel, Givenchy, Jean Paul Gaultier, Burberry, Jill Stuart and some more.
In November 2010 Karmen claimed Next owed her at least $400,000 and should pay her $1 million in punitive damages and then signed with Ford until now.

Since 2011, she is the face of Gucci and Michael Kors. You can see her work with Gucci here: http://fashiongonerogue.com/gucci-spring-2011-karmen-pedaru/ , and with Michael Kors here: http://fashiongonerogue.com/michael-kors-spring-2011-campaign-karmen-pedaru-mario-testino/

No comments: