Blog's Owner

My photo
Starting on the journey of becoming twenty-something. A psychology student who is interested in photography, design, and advertising. Find pleasure in art, food, music, and good books. I like to play badminton and I support Arsenal Football Club. I wish for a world where everyone is free to love.

Freerice

Rice up against hunger

Blog Archive

Friday 17 June 2011

Interview with Nurbeta Kwanrico

Nurbeta Kwanrico with her parents
Hello, thanks for approving the interview... When was the first time you interested to play badminton and decided to be a badminton player?
When I was in the fifth grade of primary school, I was forced to play it. But as time goes by, I am fond of it and decided to be a badminton player.

What do you think is the good side of being a badminton player? Being able to travel to countries?
Yeah it is nice to be able to gain life experience, there are so many occurences which made us stronger and being more mature.

Who is your partner now in women doubles and mixed doubles?
For women doubles, Deariska. As for mixed doubles, my partner is still Jansen Jones.

You will be playing in Indonesia Open Premiere Super Series in this 21st of June, is this your first time playing in a tournament with super series level? How do you feel of participating in such a big tournament?
I've played in the same tournament last year, but with different partner... Well I'm excited and somewhat afraid at the same time (laugh).

What do you feel about the supporter's cheers in the stadium? Do you feel pumped because of it or do you feel that it ruins your concentration during the game?
I like it if they cheer for me as long as it is not exaggerated.

As what I read in the PB Djarum website, you said that your idol is Xie Xingfang... what is your reason for idolising her? And since she has retired now, do you have a new idol?
Oh the article you read was written when I first joined Djarum, I like Xie Xingfang because she plays well and her body posture is good too... Now I like Ma Jin (p.s. Ma Jin is a wd and xd player from China)

If you have a new idol, then maybe you can meet him/her in the Indonesia Open PSS, right?
Yeah, I hope that I could meet her and take a picture with her (laugh).
 
You're just 19 years old right now, what is your target in the future? Will you still be looking forward to be a badminton player or will you enter the university?
My aspiration is still to be a world player and well, win a lot of tournaments... Right now I'm still focused to badminton and haven't thought about entering university.

Nurbeta Kwanrico with Jansen Rafli Jones
What is your interest besides badminton?
Hmm... I have a lot of other interest, can't pick one of them (laugh).

You've said before that you like fashion, what is your favourite brand, then?
Yes I do like fashion, and I like Zara.

How do you usually update yourself about fashion?
Hmm... I usually read magazines or browse the internet.

The hot issue in the badminton world right now is about the plan to make a rule which stated that all female players should wear skirt, what do you think about this rule?
Well it will be no problem for me, actually... I think it will be a pity for those who are tomboy.

That's all for the interview now, thanks to Nurbeta Kwanrico who has been helpful and answered the questions fast :-)
She will be playing in the Indonesia Open Premier Super Series in this 21st of June.
And after the tournament ends, she will be back here to talk about her performance in the tournament, wish her bunch of luck!

Nurbeta Kwanrico on Twitter
Nurbeta Kwanrico's profile on the PB Djarum website

p.s. the original interview was done in Bahasa Indonesia, and is translated to English by Cindy Suryautama a.k.a myself
(p.s. interview ini dilakukan dalam Bahasa Indonesia dan diterjemahkan ke Bahasa Inggris oleh Cindy Suryautama)

No comments: