Blog's Owner

My photo
Starting on the journey of becoming twenty-something. A psychology student who is interested in photography, design, and advertising. Find pleasure in art, food, music, and good books. I like to play badminton and I support Arsenal Football Club. I wish for a world where everyone is free to love.

Freerice

Rice up against hunger

Blog Archive

Saturday 1 May 2010

Idol Effect

Do you have any Idol..?
Most of the people in this world have their own Idol, an Idol may be a singer, actor, athlete, scientist, or politician. Idol can bring many effect for us, either good or bad effect.
If we have idolized a person, we will try to be like him/her in dressing style, habit and many others.

As for me, my idol is Xie Xingfang, she is a China national badminton player previously and she has retired now. Many factor of my life is influenced by her, from the way I do a serve in badminton, the way I dressed up, until the way I hold my pencil.
Having her as my Idol is very great, I think, although there are some sad moments too, like when she lost to Wong Mew Choo of Malaysia in the China Open final on 25th November 2007, when she lost to her compatriot,Zhang Ning, in the 2008 Olympic Games final, and when she decided to retire in September 2009.
She makes me become better in Mandarin, better in badminton, and be a better person wholly. I learn many things from her, like not to give up easily, always stand up again after losing, and many more.

Until now, I still don't have any chance to meet her, I live in Indonesia and she live in china. Actually she ever came to Indonesia for many times, but I never able to meet her.As she has retired now, she is very unlikely to visit Indonesia again, this makes me a little sad.
Really hope that one day I can meet her.

(this post is dedicated to Xie Xingfang, my Idol, my Hero and my biggest inspiration)
*Hope Xie Xingfang can see this post, even it's quite impossible..

:)

No comments: